Fitness Swimmer Class
6-18 Fitness Swimmer Class
The Cabot Parks & Recreation Fitness Swimmer Class is designed for children ages 6-18 years of age and are able to swim without assistance. This class is ideal for kids wanting to swim on a swim team or that are on a swim team and want to improve their skills. Swimmers that sign up for this class will need to be able to swim the length of the pool without assistance. This class focuses on building endurance, stroke technique, race starts, race finishes, along with fast turns and flip turns. This is a 45 minute class that will act as a swim practice.
**Note your child must know how to swim without assistance to be in this class.
This course meets on Tuesday's & Thursday's at the Cabot Community Center Indoor Pool - specific class times and frequency vary by month and are detailed below.
$60 - Non-Members
$40 - Members holding 6+ month Community Center Membership
Fall Registration Information:
Course 1: September 12th - September 28th
Course 2: October 3rd - October 26th
Course 3: November 7th - December 7th
September meets 6 times on Tuesday's and Thursday's for 45 minute sessions: 4:30pm - 5:15pm or 5:15pm - 6pm.
October and November meet 8 times on Tuesday's and Thursday's for 45 minute sessions: 4:30pm - 5:15pm or 5:15pm - 6pm.
*No lessons will be held 11/20 - 11/24 due to Thanksgiving Holiday.
Helpful Parent Information:
1. On the first day of the session, try to get here a little early so the instructors can get your child assigned to the appropriate class.
2. A normal class size is typically 1 teacher to 5 students. Depending on the skill level of the students this could fluctuate.
3. Parents are welcome to sit on the bleachers on the pool deck during lessons. We ask that parents refrain from sitting next to their child lessons as to not disrupt the class and maximize our learning together.
4. All children must stay out of the water before class starts and non-swimmers MUST STAY OUT OF THE WATER AT ALL TIMES. Only children signed up for class are able to swim during that time.
5. Students that are not members of the Community Center should not use the pool outside of their swim lessons. If a non-member would like to use the pool outside of lessons, they can purchase a day pass at the Front Desk for use during our open swim times.
6. Communication between parents and their instructor is essential for the student’s progress. Please don't hesitate to speak to your instructor if you have any concerns regarding your child or if you have any questions about how to help your child progress.
What to Bring to Class:
**Please make sure the swimmer does not eat 1 hour before lessons.
1. Appropriately fitting swimwear
2. Goggles without a nose piece
Registration can also be completed in person at the Veterans Park Community Center, or by calling 501-605-1506.
You can find a complete list of our Indoor Pool Rules here. Please be sure to wear appropriate swimwear while using our facility. Children must use US Coast Guard Approved Swim Flotation Devices.