- Learn to Swim Programs
- Swimming Lessons
What They'll Learn
Cabot Parks and Recreation offers the American Red Cross Learn to Swim Program. This program is tailored for children ages 3 years and older. Lessons are taught on a level system starting at Level 1 and ending at Level 6. The Learn-to-Swim program focuses on building skills one step at a time. By giving them the opportunity to master one element before moving on to the next, our kids' swim classes make it easy to build confidence in the water.
During their swim lessons, children will spend time on the following six levels:
- Level 1: Introduction to Water Skills: Students will learn how to feel comfortable in the water and safely enjoy it.
- Level 2: Fundamentals of Aquatic Skills: Children will learn basic swimming skills.
- Level 3: Stroke Development: Additional guided practice will help students improve their skills.
- Level 4: Stroke Improvement: Kids will gain confidence during swim lessons, improve their stroke and gain additional aquatic skills.
- Level 5: Stroke Refinement: Guidance allows kids to refine their strokes and become more efficient swimmers.
- Level 6: Swimming and Skill Proficiency: Students will learn to swim with ease and efficiency, and gain the ability to swim smoothly over greater distances. Swimmers will also have the option to participate in more advanced courses.
Each session consists of eight 30-minute lessons on Monday through Thursday mornings for two weeks. Missed lessons may not be refunded or rescheduled unless specified by the Aquatics Director.
- Community Center Members (must hold a family 6-month or annual membership): $40 per child per session
- Non-members: $60 per child per session.
- Each session cost includes eight 30-minute lessons
Swim Registration Information
Session 1: June 5th - June 15th
- Session 2: June 19th - June 29th
Session 3: July 10th - July 20th
Session 4: July 24th - August 3rd
- 8:45am - 915am9:30am - 10:00 am10:15am - 10:45am
Registration can also be completed in person at the Veterans Park Community Center, or by calling 501-605-1506.
You can find a complete list of our Indoor Pool Rules here. Please be sure to wear appropriate swimwear while using our facility. Children must use US Coast Guard Approved Swim Flotation Devices.